Tuesday 28 August 2012

Messy Natural Hair + Coral Lips - 28/08/12

Hello there everyone! I hope you are all having a lovely Tuesday, I am currently just home from work and I took these photos earlier on as I was really happy with the way my hair sat and my make-up today.

Hair:

 This is actually my natural hair, it never used to curl like this but now it's progressively getting more and more curly by the day (well, by the day I mean everytime I wash it.) I've hardly straightened my hair this summer because I've fallen in love with this kind of hairstyle, it's just messy curls that look nice with anything. I basically wash my hair, get out of the shower and wrap a towel round my hair for around an hour, I then take the towel out of my hair and let it airdry and viola - messy curls! I also like to scrunch the curls up and if there are any sticky out bits etc I will curl them using my GHD's back into place. 

Make-up today:

Benefit's Big Beautiful Eyes (an eye contour kit) in the pink champagne eyeshadow
Topshop's Smokey Eye Palette in Tawny in the pink shimmery eyeshadow
Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Topshop's Kohl Eyeliner in Saddle
Benefit's Bad Gal Lash Mascara
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in 422 Coral Tonic

How I applied it:

I took the Topshop Tawny palette, and with the lightest pink shimmery shade I sweeped it all over my lids. I then took the pink champagne colour from the Benefit eye contour kit and pushed that on top of the Topshop eyeshadow, to give it a real pink shimmery look. Then, using the Maybelline liquid eyeliner, I simply drew a line close to the top of my upper lash line, gradually making it thicker to the outer corner and then flicked it out. I used Topshop's Kohl Eyeliner in Saddle on my waterline, to make the eyelid really stand out, and applied Benefit's Bad Gal Lash to both my upper and lower lashes. I finally applied the Maybelline lipstick, and viola, that is my make-up for the day!
So that is pretty much it for my face, or FOTD, I hope this was interesting to read and have a lovely day wherever you may be. :)

Hannah, xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...